Tuesday, April 15, 2014

THE WHITE TIGER BY ARAVIND ADIGA


 

Only three nations have never let themselves be ruled by foreigners: China, Afghanistan and Abyssinia. These are the only three nations I admire.
-page 5

I am not an original thinker - but I am an original listener.
-page 47



I absorb everything – that’s the amazing thing about entrepreneurs. We are like sponges – we absorb we grow.
-page 250



When you retain semen in your lower body, it leads to evil movements in the fluids of your upper body.
-page 250



You were looking for the key for years, but the door was always open.
-page 253
 

The moment you recognize what is beautiful in this world, you stop being a slave.
-page 276



A White Tiger keeps no friends. It’s too dangerous.
-page 302



One day a cunning Brahmin, trying to trick the Buddha, asked him, Master, do you consider yourself a man or a God? The Buddha smiled and said, “Neither. I am just one who has woken up while the rest of you are still sleeping.”
-page 315


You see, I’m always a man who sees ‘tomorrow’ when others see ‘today’.



No comments:

Post a Comment